Named Accountable GP For All Patients


All patients including children at The Family Surgery have been allocated a named, accountable GP.

Your named, accountable GP will be either Dr Robert Caudwell, Dr Sujoy Biswas or Dr Rosalind Bonsor.


What does it mean to have a named accountable GP?

Your named GP will have overall responsibility for the coordination of all appropriate services, care and support that our surgery provides you. It does not prevent you from seeing any GP or ANP in the practice as you currently do.

What does this mean for you?

You are unlikely to see any notable change in the way care is delivered to you by our practice. We have operated a list-based service for many years in which each patient was allocated to a specific doctor. The recent directive merely formalises this arrangement and clarifies what a named GP does.

The responsibilities of your named GP will be to:

  • Take the lead responsibility for ensuring that all appropriate services required by you from the GP practice are provided.
  • Where required, use their professional judgement, to work with relevant health and social care professionals to deliver a care package that meets your needs.
  • Ensure your physical and psychological needs are recognised and responded to by the relevant clinicians in the practice.
  • Ensure you have access to a health check if requested.

These responsibilities will be carried out within the opening hours of the surgery and do not change the way you or other patients currently access care outside of these hours.

You should continue to book appointments with the practice in the same way. If you require an appointment urgently you should book in with the available healthcare practitioner at the surgery.

Please book appointments with our nursing team in the usual way.

Please note that despite our GPs working with other health and social care professionals to deliver your care needs, they do not take on the responsibility for the care others deliver to you. If you have concerns about any care provided by a health and social care professional outside of the practice, this should be raised directly with them or with the commissioning organisation.