Data Privacy Notice
How We Use Your Medical Records
Important Information for Patients
- This practice handles medical records in line with laws on data protection and confidentiality
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment
- In some circumstances, we will also share medical records for medical research; for example, to find out more about why people get ill
- We share information when the law requires us to do so; for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioners Office
- For more information on the above, please see our practice Privacy Notice in full, which is available on our website click on the link below:
The practice records incoming telephone calls into the practice and may record outgoing calls.
The purpose of call recording is for training and monitoring purposes. This includes the provision of a record of incoming and outgoing calls which can:
- Identify practice staff training needs
- Protect practice staff from nuisance or abusive calls
- Establish facts relating to incoming/outgoing calls made (e.g. complaints)
- identify any issues in practice processes with a view to improving them (e.g. to aid workforce planning)
The practice will make every reasonable effort to advise callers that their call may be recorded and for what purpose the recording may be used. This will normally be via a pre-recorded message within the telephone system and via signage at the practice.
The voice file will be stored within the telephone recording system software to which the same rules of confidentiality will apply. The practice’s data protection registration covers voice files similarly to other data.
Data Privacy Notice - Updated June 2022
Please click on the links below for further information about NHS Digital - Data Collection & Opt Out.
Please click on the links below for further information on data sharing for COVID-19 purposes.
The practice is registered as a data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998. Registration number Z9111125. Our registration can be viewed online in the public register at ICO.gov.uk.
The Practice Data Protection Officer is Tara Moylan of Howbeck Healthcare.
Any queries in regard to Data Protection issues should be addressed to:
DPO.firstname.lastname@example.org or 01270 275217